Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hey? Guys? Got a minute? Read Blog. NOW.

First off, sports fans, check out the Publishing schedule. I've made tiny changes. Most noteably? I'm going to see if I can't push out Prince of the Gray Keep a little earlier than planned. I'm not 100% happy with the momentum I've gained this month (Okay, actually, I am, because it's doing what I wanted it to do from the beginning. It just kinda, uh, died last month) but I don't want to lose it. TENTATIVE release date is November 15th. We'll be doing all the fun promotional stuff in December.

That said...uh...can I be awfully self-centered for a minute? And discuss the actual buying of the book thing with you guys for a second? Oh, if you don't want to, that's fine. No hard feelings, I don't wanna pressure you or anything, and I'll let you know if/when Prince goes on a free promotion, which will happen. You can go over there and get comfortable and I'll bring a Gor review and cookies to you in about an hour. The dastardly plotting thing is going to happen after the cut. Now. If you do like reading my books and you do plan on buying a couple...


...Would you mind doing it all on the same day?

If no, it's perfectly fine. Go back to your regularly scheduled programming, Gor will be here in about an hour or so. But if yes...let me know. I don't expect it to make a big blip on rankings or anything, but I would rather like to take a census, for lack of a better term, so that I know what's up in the wild world of my scribblings.

If the answer is yes, I'll figure out some way to make it worth the time and effort. Ideas for this are totally welcome BTW, and if it's something wildly awful and you can't believe I'm asking it...well, that's fine. Like I said up there, I don't want you to buy it if you weren't planing on nabbing a copy anyway. I just figured if it was something you were already planning on doing, we could all make a 'thing' out of it.

Discuss in comments. And even if the answer is AW HELL NO, you guys are awesome and I love every one of you.

EDIT: And, uh, just FYI? By "Same day" I did not mean "TODAY." I meant "Someday in the future after Prince of the Gray Keep comes out and I've got it all clear with you guys that this is an okay project for us to work on."

Not that I MIND selling a whole lot of books. I just...uh...find it rather odd that there was a sudden upswing in sales right after I published this post.

(And if you guys really did suddenly start buying my books because I made the suggestion? YOU GUYS ARE THE AWESOMEST PEOPLE EVER EVER EVER PLUS ONE.) (If you did not you are still totally awesome and I am glad that you are here, you lovely person you.)


OH, and it occurs to me that maybe just maybe I ought to put together a mailing list. So I am. And if you want to be in on this Buy Day thing or you just wanna be on the mailing list, drop me a line at christwriter AT gmail DOT com (you know the drill...) and lemme know your opinion.

Okay. Gor will be here soon. Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment