Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Starbleached 3 update and news

I have decided the title is The Overseer's Own or some permutation thereof.

Editing is going S.L.O.W.L.Y. But it is going. I will have the sample chapters posted by the end of the week. I promise. I think part of what is taking forever is getting the non-human POV to be both not human and readable. Like I said, it's Bryan's book and I love it, but things are going to be a lot more fun when he grows up a little bit.

Another problem is I have no music for it.

This is the one place where I feel a little flakey. I am HARD into music when I write. I have a long, long LONG LONG soundtrack for Exiles. To the point where I know the music I'd use for my dream book trailer (and I know the company I have to sign up with to get it. I just don't know how much it would cost) and it's the track I listen to when I CANNOT get into a writing mood. But the stuff that works for a fantasy book doesn't work for a sci-fi book, so I'm kind of stuck listening to Daft Punk, which doesn't work, or something else that...well, doesn't work.

And I am still very very tired from Spring Break. Double capacity, half the staff=very tired CW.

So, my loyal book readers, can I be a pest for a sec? If y'all are actively looking forward to this book, please let me know. I'd really appreciate knowing that I'm not playing Sisyphus for JUST my own vanity.

It is perfectly acceptable to ignore that request because I know I'm being a pest. I'm just tired.

Anyhoo, there's your status update. I might post cover sketches a bit later if I get that kind of bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment