Saturday, August 24, 2013

State of the CW

So, yeah, no update today. Maybe later today. Why?

 I'm in a transitional phase. The upside is, IT IS FREAKING GOOD. The downside is it's delaying a lot of projects and kicking the everloving tar out of me.

So here's the good news: I'm okay. Actually, there's a lot of OTHER good news but I cannot talk about it for Reasons. And I can't give the reasons publicly either. So let's focus on that part: I am okay and really, really happy right now.

The bad news: I'm going to have to delay publication of DB pt 2. Not by much--couple days, five at the most. It depends on what I set up with the editor--but it's a delay, and given how much you guys have given me it's shitty to pull. And again: I cannot discuss why I have to do this publicly. Which is also shitty.

It is not that I don't want you to know--you deserve explanations.  But I can't discuss the reasons, and I can't discuss why I can't discuss the reasons, here in public. I do NOT expect you to take this on faith, however, so if you are an Indie-Go-Go donator and you've got issues with delays or my radio silence, either drop your e-mail in the comments or drop me a line (Christwriter AT hotmail DOT com) and I'll give you the skinny.  You do deserve to know what's going on. It's not that I can't talk about it, boys and girls. I just can't talk about it here.

The really good news: The indie-go-go campaign is really close to where I need it to be to make the editing possible.  We're not there yet, and the out-of-pocket expense on my end is still almost prohibitive, but we're VERY close.

The hard number here is 300 bucks. If we break 300 I'll be able to make up the difference. 500 would be awesome but that's more than a little out of reach IMHO.

If you have not donated yet, and you intend to, NOW IS THE TIME FOR NOW. If you HAVE donated, thank you, you are awesome. Spread the word, let's make it work.

You guys are wonderful, awesome possum people, I am glad to have you with me on this ride. Stay safe, stay awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment