Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cover art!


I plan to use the full image for the eventual omnibus, but this looks really good as the cover IMHO.

Doing formatting and final proofreading as we speak.

I've got to deeply revise my schedule and my plans for the future, as I've taken on more duties at my job. It's sadly got very little to do with money and a great deal to do with trying to please members of my household, but it also means my part time job is now officially full time (35 hours a week). Sucks for the writing, but you do what you gotta do. We'll see how big of an impact this has on the publishing schedule.

I understand and accept that I will never be a professional writer or artist. I am, frankly, just not that good. It is still the only thing in my life I am seriously passionate about. Everything else, even the fiber stuff, I can live without. I like it when I do it, but I can go long stretches without knitting, or spinning, or playing with fuzzy stuff. I have never in my life not been writing. Even if it's just in my head, it's running. It may not be any good, but it's always there. I'd love to say ignoring that process is like an amputation, but that's melodramatic. Besides, I can't even ignore it. (Do other people get that? I've always kind of assumed that everybody else's head is that full of noise too)

Sorry for the melodrama. Life changes are never easy. Normal, non-fussy blog posts will resume as soon as the book makes drop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a writer too, and yeah, I can't remember a time I wasn't writing. Yes, I have stories running in my head all the time, too. Sometimes they're just interesting fragments that live and die in a single scene but some of them are more, like the one that became my book. :) I think that a lot of writers just have the stories come to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sell yourself short. You can always get better.

    ReplyDelete